Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Ugly Moment

All of my life I have prided myself that I could do just about any job.  And I have at one time or another.

The other day I was sitting in the restaurant watching the help as I waited for my dinner, and it struck me that I could not make my body do many of those tasks for any length of time any more.  If I need to get a job, I now have to be very careful to find one that I can actually physically do!

You know that you are getting old when you have to admit to yourself that you cannot do the things that you once could -- even things you would rather not do.  That flexibility was kind of like an ace in the hole just in case.  Now I cannot do many things just because this body is getting older.

It is a truly ugly moment in one's life!

No comments: